This issue brief explores five aspects of gun violence in Pennsylvania that are especially alarming, unusual, or above the national average:
1. Pennsylvania's rate of gun homicides is among the highest in the nation, particularly in communities of color.
2. Pennsylvania law enforcement officers are killed with guns at an exceptionally high rate.
3. More Pennsylvanians are killed by gun violence than in car accidents annually.
4. Pennsylvania is a top supplier of crime guns recovered in other states.
5. Pennsylvania women are killed with guns wielded by intimate partners at a high rate.